Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cheese

I love cheese. LOVE. I read a book a couple of years ago, the first time I tried to go vegan, called Skinny Bitch. In that book they talk about how milk (and cheese) have something in it that acts like heroin to your brain. Meaning it can be addicting. That sucks. Last night was pizza night, hubby (who has been awesome since the chili indecent, BTW) and the children had Papa John's. YUM. I wanted to scarf that entire pizza (and Parmesan bread sticks) down. it took every once of will power to hold myself back. I didn't even nibble on the crust. I made myself some veggie soup and it was so satisfying. Usually after I eat pizza I feel like a blob, but after soup I just felt full.

Last Sunday I was down six pounds. Well, really only three since I went vegan, but I have been watching what I eat for two weeks.Wait, that is three pounds a week! If I keep that pace up I will be extremely close to my goal at the wedding. That is good news and bad news. Good because losing weight is awesome. Bad because I ordered my dress yesterday and if I lose all that weight it won't fit. Plus, it is going to Indy and not here so there will be no time to alter it. I guess I can put clips in the back and never turn around. That would be interesting. I'll figure something out.

PS Weigh-in day is tomorrow and I will hopefully have another awesome update then.
PPS Parmesan is capitalized because it comes from the Italian city of Parma. I didn't know that until I looked it up, here. Interesting. You learn something new every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment